Back in the Yard

Its 2015! Time to write a few blog posts. Since I wrote like 4 post in 2014, I am going to make a goal of 5 post in 2015. I don't want to set my standards too high! ha!

I look forward to sharing my current journey with you.

They Make Me Smile

  • Here, I will list recent examples of how my children make me smile. Kids are so funny! My hope is that it will encourage you to keep a record of those special moments in your children's lives that bring joy to your life. Those moments that when you look back on, you can't help but smile.
  • 3/26/2014 (Caleb) At dinner we asked the boys to name three words that describe them. Caleb responded, "Caleb. Caleb. Caleb." Well, you can't get much more descriptive than that :)

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Little Indian and Pilgram

Clay - 2008, age 3

Caleb - 2010, age 3
(a little fuzzy, but so cute :)

I am so thankful for these two precious gifts from God. They have brought me immeasurable joy, fun and laughter. Lots of laughter. This time of year is such a great reminder of how blessed I am. Life is not always easy, but our precious Lord never said it would be. He said in John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

It is so important during times of hardship and uncertainty, pain and suffering, anxiety and despair that one really understands where true peace, love, and joy comes from. Our financial situation will rise and fall; our friendships will come and go, our health will fail us from time to time, the people we love may even hurt us more deeply than anyone else. But what will never change, is our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. His love NEVER leaves us or forsakes us (Hebrews 13:5). His love will NEVER fail. His love is everlasting (Jeremiah 31:3).

I hope you know the Love I am speaking of this Holiday season. If you don't, I pray you will invite him into your heart today. Jesus loves you so much that he died to give you eternal life. John 14:6 Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." His door is open, all you have to do is knock (Matthew 7:7-8). I pray you will call out to Jesus today. What better gift can you receive this year, than the gift of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment